Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 06:43 PM   #660
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
It is not racist. If someone thinks cats are better than dogs; which I do. Does that make me racist? Animals are a speices not a race. Not really. A species is a group of organisms who live in the same area and can reproduce under normal circumstances to produce fertile offsrping. A cheetah, lion and Tiger are not the same species. You're approaching this discussion as if these were wild animals and not capable of higher learning and living beyond instinct. If that was the case then all of these comments regarding Cheetara as a ho are fundamentally bank rupt. She's an animal, not a person. She chose the male who would help her produce stronger cubs and thus keep her race from becoming extinct. Tigers are stronger and more durable then Lions. Why is everyone slamming on her for looking out for the health and endurance of her future litter? Same for all of the comments about Tygra. He's a tiger, a lion would be his biggest competitor. Its only normal for his animal instinct to want to push Lion-O out of his territory. Why complain that hes so much stronger then Lion-O? In most of the cases in which the two species interacted a Tiger usually comes out on top.

That person's post started about the lion's weilding the SoO, people got bent out of shape and said other could weild it too. That was my point of 60 pages of nothing.

I think their is discrimination in the cartoon. You brought up catoons. The writers are showing how the cats have different societies. They discrimated against, not racist.

You could say the cats got what was coming to them.

Actually I have been to cochin India in 97. Very poor area. Now we are talking real life. There will always be injustice done in the world. Human trafiicing is really bad (I didn't know until I traveled most of the Asian area). As you said kids don't have a chance, they have to work in whatever business they are born in. Women have it worst, I think.

One thing I do hope is since India's economy turns around, I hope the people will benifit from it. They are some amazing works, they strip down a steel ship with normal tools.
So its not racist because these are anamorphic cats, instead of humanes? Never mind that the only feline features that have are extra hair ,claws and sharper canines....
Seriously, you cant comprehend how these ideas of racism could easily be worked into a cartoon? Racism is a form of discrimination.

Last edited by Chique; 12-09-2011 at 06:52 PM..
Chique is offline   Reply With Quote