TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 07:57 AM   #107
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Sining: The scene was clearly meant to be unpleasant, just based on Kid Tygra's reaction to it.

On the episode: I'll say 8 or 9 out of 10, but this is the internet so I'm going to nitpick.

1. There were a LOT of things in this episode that screamed 'not enough time.' They could have given a better explanation for just what Lion-o and Tygra were doing. They could have mentioned Cheetara. Even Lion-o could have had more reaction to his brother saying he lost his two most precious things the day he was born.

I also place the mother's line under this. I think it was visual shorthand for EVERYTHING that changed when Tygra wasn't an only son. And I think it could have been done better. None of this ruined the episode, but it did make it a little disjointed.

2. Better fight choreography than we've had in a while, which I appreciated, and Lion-o fought a lot smarter than the last few times.

3. The Tigers: I think, if they stayed loyal to Mumm-ra (who's some kind of alien devil thing in this world) then the other races were WELL within their rights to ostracize them. And it seems like it was mostly the Tigers that kept the isolation going so long. The others seemingly forgot and would probably (considering how they treated Tygra) have been fine if the Tigers had come out of hiding.

That said, I think it's a shame they're gone. Hopefully they use Bengali to introduce some surviving Tigers.

4. Tygra: I liked that this episode served to illustrate that Tygra is not perfect and then have him grow. This show spends so much time on teaching Lion-o that sometimes it seems to treat the others like moral paragons who don't need to grow. Hopefully those last few scenes mean they'll get along better and I can't wait to see what his whip does.

5. Seems like the Ancient Spirits may be able to pick up the villain slack where Mumm-ra has been failing.

Good episode, more of this please.
KaleRylan is offline   Reply With Quote