TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 11:44 AM   #119
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by stac View Post
The episode was good, but not enough to start cheerleading for Team Tygra.

Yes, Tygra was a charming cub but a single episode isn’t enough to address the issues surrounding his character:

-Tygra doesn’t even mention Cheetara once. Not even when he mentions staying with the Tiger Clan. Are the writers attempting to downplay this triangle or does it not matter anymore?

-Tygra’s father did not know what the Ancient Spirits would demand from him when he asked for their help. What exactly did Tygra have to forgive his father for? Not killing him and instead sending him to Thundera where he had quite a good life and was raised by a loving mother and a father who favoured him?

-Tygra implied that Lion-O’s birth led to him losing his mother and his kingdom. Is he so selfish that he forgot that Lion-O never got to meet her? Tygra had three parents who loved him; Lion-O had only one who wasn’t even very nice until the end.

-Lion-O just gambled his soul in order to save the others and he is still rewarded with Tygra’s perpetual whining. How much more could he have possibly griped about losing “everything” he cares about or Lion-O “taking” everything away?

-Finally, why is finding a place where he could “belong” suddenly such an important issue for Tygra? The writers have never really focused on this before. On the contrary, it was Lion-O who never really ‘belonged’ in Thundera – Tygra did a much better job at that.

If it takes Lion-O, who can be brash and immature 16 episodes to learn his “lessons” then 1 episode should not suffice for Tygra who is way too self-centred and arrogant.
I think we were seeing everything through tygra's eyes, not lion-o's this whole time.

This is what makes lion-o different, he cares.

They don't have the time to spend on tygra, we still got he kittens, cheetara, and mummra to go.

I liked it and I didn't think bad of anyone. I was happy tygra was able to deal with his pride that has held him back and now T/L will have a real brother relastionship.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote