TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 11:52 AM   #121
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sining View Post
I agree that this episode is basically better than the rest of s2. Although when Lion-O was born, Tygra was what? 4? 5? And he already considered the kingdom his and one of the most important things to him back then? This combined with the way the rest of the Tigers were portrayed in this episode gives me a sense of foreboding.

Yes, the tigers seemed to be one who kept themselves in isolation. Like they said, it was out of pride. I don't think thunderians had anything against tigers considering the king and queen went and adopted one openly. Although now it seems like Lion-O and Tygra are BOTH the last of their particular genus of cats. Actually, so is Cheetara and Panthro....

And why was there no mention of Tygra's mother? What's with all the missing mothers? I'd say they're going to do a flash back on her but all the other Tigers are dead. Unless they come to a tiger/lion village where they do a flashback on tygra's mother leaving tiger village because she didn't want to take part in messing with spirits of evil.

And the ancient spirits of evil really really seem to suck. As far as curses go? That seemed to have been broken a bit too easily. It's a bit like Beauty and the beast, where the beasts are the tigers and Beauty is Tygra. And Tygra learns to accept the
'beasts' for who they really are in inside and the spell is broken. Except Beauty and the Beast was setup that way so that the beast could learn a precious lesson. I don't think the ancient spirits of evil had any such intentions in mind. Plus, their xanatos gambit kind of sucked. If it was so important Tygra die or not fight them, they could have just chosen to do the deal without the sacrifice which would ensure Tygra stays with the Tigers.

And I see Tygra now remembers that thundercats don't run from a fight -_-
I laughed at your last sentence, brought up episode 14 again.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote