Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 11:25 PM   #57
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chique View Post
Um...other than being the oldest female, how has Cheetara had an Alpha presence on this show? She's been in the background since day one. Show me the receipts Helping Lion-O with his self-doubt has been about 90% of her character. Other than telling him to believe in himself, she doesn't do much...
Unless you mean fighting, but it's an action heavy show so...yea.

Eh, I'm not to big on the "cat fight " trope. It's a common one, but it's silly(IMO). Women are capable of getting along with each other. Just because we have a new set of tits in the group, it doesn't mean we have the old ones should feel like less. It reinforces that whole, women are petty and jealous stereotype. We just can't stand to see another woman come out on top.
Now, I would be happy to see her rebuild her relationship with Lion-O. It would be nice to see that he can still come to her with his doubts ( I just don't want her character to amount to Lion-O's emotional post). From what I can tell from the spoilers, Pumyra seems like she would come off a little too harsh. Considering the you can do it approach Cheetara took, he might not be as receptive to the tough love approach. If you ask me, Nu-Lion-O probably doesn't need as much hand holding.

Considering Cheetara doesn't do much, I don't see what Pumyra could possibly take from her.
I'm not even a Cheetara fan, but the writers are planning big things for Pumyra, yet Cheetara hasn't had a character arc yet? What are they waiting for?
He specifically said she was the alpha-FEMALE, which she was. Now, being the alpha-female still puts her in, what, the number 3 position maybe? And it's a distant third. But there's no arguing that, distant third or no, she is definitely the alpha-female.

I kind of agree about the unfortunate implications of a possible cat fight, but at the same time it's not impossible to see Cheetara realizing how much her bridges have been burnt with Lion-o through the situation with Pumyra. They don't have to necessarily fight over it, they could just use it to have Cheetara think about what she wants out of a relationship with Lion-o. Though to be fair, we don't know. We haven't actually seen the new, more mature Lion-o interact with Cheetara. Maybe they are friends now.

And while Pumyra may be harsh, she has pretty good justification, so I don't think you're going to see the other cats getting mad at her attitude. There's a very real argument to be made that they SHOULD have saved their people first and dealt with Mumm-ra second.

Sadly, I think the love triangle WAS Cheetara's character arc. People keep looking for something else, and we may get something minor, but I will bet you anything that was her arc: weird Lion-o support, flower thing and all.
KaleRylan is offline   Reply With Quote