Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 01:06 AM   #60
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chique View Post
Technially yeah, she's the oldest female, and the premier female of this show. IMO, she hasn't been WRITTEN that way. I didn't think he was being so literal. IMO, she's been a background character. Not much Alpha about it

You following me? Eh, maybe I got a different impression from the the OP. It happens.
When I think Alpha, I think grand. Something outstanding, awe inspiring and bad a**! A title which I don't really see her fit for, thus it would look laughable, I mean strange to see her get uncomfortable about losing that within the group.

I certainly hope not. The triangle focused on Tygra and Lion-O. Cheetara has to be 3rd best in her own arc? What better understanding did we get from Cheetara? Other than her struggle to be a Cleric, I don't recall any insights to why she is the person she is today. I hope the writers wouldn't do us like that 0.o
I think his point was completely literal, since he was saying how perhaps Pumyra threatens Cheetara's position as the alpha-female. How Cheetara relates to lion-o or Tygra is irrelevant to that concern, so the term is accurate for the example. But I'm not really trying to start a fight. I was just saying.

And this is something where I think we once again have to remember the disconnect between the cartoon we're watching and the 'reality' within the world. To the cartoon, she has not been that important (although who has other than Lion-o and Tygra? And Tygra has mostly only been important as Lion-o's foil). In the 'reality' of this world, Cheetara is the alpha-female of this group. She is one of the most experienced, possibly the best pound for pound fighter, and her advice is respected by all the others.

A story COULD be told of Pumyra threatening that position. It seems unlikely, and I personally hope they don't. But it's a valid possibility.

As to the triangle being her arc: I said sadly. I'm not glad about it, I'm just saying it's a hunch I have. The pasts of the characters have not been in-depth, except for arguably Lion-o and Tygra by extension. They've just been snapshots of defining moments. I could easily see the moment she became a cleric being her defining moment.

Also, given Cheetara's whole purpose so far has been the triangle, it wouldn't surprise me if they don't have plans for her beyond that.
KaleRylan is offline   Reply With Quote