TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 09:22 PM   #55
Burning Bright
Tyger, Tygra
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowdheart View Post
I did like seeing the parents, but i thought it was kinda stupid how they just....left in the middle of the night so there's less mouths to feed. Not a good example given the age group this show targets and economic times right now for some families.
I have to agree with you there. This is not the message to send to children about what to do when things get tough for the family. I would consider this an example of an episode where the parents should be watching alongside their children and telling them "Don't do what 'Kit and 'Kat just did".

Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
So is the city they are looking for, could it be the new thunderia?
Absolutely no clue at this point. When the kittens were talking about El Dara in the series premiere, I thought that's where the cats would find the Tower of Omens. That idea got killed pretty quick.

Quote:
Seems like cheetara is up next for fleshing. I wouldn't be surprise if pumyra and cheetara grew up together.
This doesn't seem too likely to me. Just because we don't know her story since birth doesn't mean she needs any more background. We've already seen her backstory with the flashbacks to how she first became a Cleric. That told us alot about her. The only reason it might seem like she needs more backstory is that she's so frequently underutilized in most episodes (super-speedster's curse), this episode being an exception.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracer View Post
Twice I literally laughed out loud. Once when he said "I think they want us to fight to the the death" and the 2nd time is when Kit kicked Cheetara off the branch.
My LOL moments were both 'Kat lines. He just deadpans perfectly. The quote you mentioned was one. The "I'm in trouble, aren't I?" after he kicked Panthro into the trap was the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuukonomiko View Post
Also, if we remember, the kids battled side by side with against the massive lizard army in the elephant village. They didn't tell the kids to hide with the elephants. In the beginning of episode 14, Kit and Kat were also used as bait to lead those lizards to where Lion-O and the gang were hiding. So much as we are horrified that these kids were left to fend for themselves, this isn't the first time. The battle with the lizards were just as, as if not more dangerous than the forest.
Those were different situations from this one.

Up to that point, the Elephants had pretty much been air-headed noncombatants. The Elephants had to hide or they would get in the way. It was better to have the kittens fight with the group since they had done so before and could make contributions to the fight in their own unique way. Also, if the kittens hid with the Elephants and the other cats lost, the survivors would have just been slaughtered anyway. It was a literal "Do or Die" situation.

In ep. 14 they were dealing with a known situation. They knew how the Lizards would react, and the kittens were accustomed to leading them into waiting traps.

The forest didn't turn out to be that dangerous, but none of them knew that for sure. The kittens even proved it could have been too dangerous, since they stood there dumbstruck when the predator revealed itself, roared at them , and leapt. If it hadn't been so intent on its normal prey (as in to an extraordinary degree), that would have been it for the kittens.

Its a good idea to have the kittens learn to fend for themselves, but it's a bad one to do so without secretly keeping a watch over them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
The third earth in the OS was a future of our earth, so that would explain why there were humans there. But it is curious why the third earth of this series is called that, since its an alien world.
Well, the "animals" appear to be Earth animals put through a genetic "uplift" program (based on them using "animals" to refer to themselves in the episode "Legacy", without any indication that it's an epithet from Mumm-Ra). If we assume the uplift procedure was carried out on a planet or other facility away from Earth that was called "Second Earth" (maybe a colony world of the original Earth), then it would make sense for the "animals" to call their new home-world "Third Earth".
Burning Bright is offline   Reply With Quote