TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 01:21 PM   #26
Hollywoodheroes
Thunder Kitty
Have you seen the show? If you have, you will notice how I clearly tell people what the item is worth. Its something that I really insist upon. In fact, I routinely tell people what the items are worth and then make an offer. Sometimes they want more... and I pay it. If you have not noticed this, take another look because its very prevalent.

Dealers usually pay half. It's no different than wholesale. Lody, I am assuming you deal toys too.. since I see that you linked your Ebay auction page here. Did you pay top retail for them? Aren't you making some money on your items? If so.. it's expected... since dealers need to cover costs such as Ebay fees, travel, food, and employees, among other things.

Finally, I have paid more than half at times, and even offered higher than what they think it may be worth. For instance, I purchased an Early Bird kit and gave the guy $500, he wanted $100 for it, not thinking it was worth more.

As for the ugly smudges on the card... I stated earlier that I applied a solvent ( Goo Gone) and they were gone. There are no more smudges and the cards are clean.

When I speak about packaging, I really dont address the price tag offer because its something that changes with personal preference. However, I do not feel that removing price tags correctly... will devalue a card. As an example, many of my AFA graded figures have had their tags removed... and still gotten high grades of 85.

I hope this addresses any of your concerns. If not, please E-mail me directly at jordan@hollywoodheroes.com.

Thanks so much,
Jordan