TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 08:40 PM   #20
moreprimeland
Prime Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
Disagree. Lion-o is an adult who matured into his body. Besides pumyra and tygra are on third earth while cheetara and lion-o were on thunderia.

Mate?? Lion-o is cheetara's age. He beat tygra in the trials using their minds.

Cougar is an older women (body) with a younger male (body). Total different.

Cheetara was raped in the comics.
Actually, I don't care for the whole 'mating' in the cartoon series, but it seems most folks get hung up on that, more so in some series than others. Since many of the cartoons are supposed to be targeting KIDS, I'd say let them find out about all the angst of love in real life.

And yeah, I know that the whole Lion-O aged while they traveled in space thing was brought up...as a woman myself, once you've seen a boy, even if he grows up and becomes a man, he's still a boy..a child if you will, to that woman. So the way I see it, Lion-O would be off limits to her.

Frankly, it's a moot point, as far as the OS, Cheetara never was with any of the males and that's fine with me. She was strong and independent, a warrior just like the other TC's, regardless of her gender. Works for me.

As for the Comic...Whoa!! That's terrible that they wrote storyline in the series. They must have gone to some dark places in the comics. Sad, terrible places. I was curious about the comics tbh, but now, knowing that happened, I think I can pass on those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Snarf View Post
In the OS lion-o aged while everyone else virtually didn't so he was a grown up when they made it to third earth. I guess it would be like that movie "big" with tom hanks. Be glad that you never read the comics be very glad. As for pumyra the writing of the relationship between her and lion-o was all over the place much like the way her mind was
Yeah, in the OS, he was very childlike when they first arrived on 3rd Earth, but he did mature in both mind and body as he learned to be the Lord of the Thundercats.

IMHO, the whole Pumyra storyline was a bit warped. It made me wonder if they went there simply because they had to quickly wrap up the season, in case we don't ever see S2.

Of course, I keep hoping we do get a S2. *fingers crossed*

Last edited by moreprimeland; 08-04-2012 at 08:43 PM..
moreprimeland is offline   Reply With Quote