TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 01:53 PM   #2
Pravus Prime
Ancient Spirit of Evil
I'm betting a high number are scalper types who bought them hoping to resell them during a shortage for a lot of money during the Christmas rush. Since that didn't happen, they now have to unload them and to do so, they'll have to take a pretty substantial loss.

Similar to the scalpers who were buying 10 MOTUC figures each month to sell on eBay for a profit after they had sold out in 30 minutes at Mattels website who are now losing their shirts since supply and demand more or less have caught up with each other.

Sometimes it works out in their favor though. The first Transformers Live Action Movie toys had such a shortage at Christmastime that those who stocked up beforehand made a killing during that time, selling a $10 Deluxe for $60 or more.

That said, I'm not saying they all are, but I'm betting a large chunk of them are speculating sellers. ThunderCats are only at a few stores (And Target wasn't/isn't one of them), they were first out online and quickly sold out there, the Cartoon got decent ratings, all the elements were there for them to see an opportunity and try to capitalize on it.

Last edited by Pravus Prime; 12-07-2011 at 01:56 PM..
Pravus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote