Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 12:48 AM   #339
Sining
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chique View Post
The fact that he commented about her eyebrows and everything else doesn't change the fact that her boob size was brought into the conversation, nor make it less offensive. A woman is not a woman because of the size of her breast. Breast size does not make one woman more womanly than the other. The idea that women have to look a certain way to be considered women is offensive and misogynistic. Who the hell is he to say what makes a woman a woman? If the screen name is anything to go by, then he doesn't even have breast or a vagina, so excuse the hell out of me if I think he should take a seat on the subject at hand.
So bringing up boob size when talking about women is now offensive and misogynistic? Can we apply that same logic to women talking about how hot the muscles on guys makes them look then and how it makes them look really masculine? Cause I'm so sick of hearing them gush about the actor who plays Thor or Taylor Lautner.

But on a more serious note, who the hell are you to say that he can't have his own damn opinions on what makes a woman a woman. If women can go on about what makes a guy a guy, why not vice versa? He's as much entitled to his own opinion as you are yours. The difference being you seem to be intent on slamming his.

Me? I'm a legs guy.

Quote:
You really don't see how his comment could be interpreted as rude or hurtful? Personally, I think everyone should have been turned off by the way he voiced his complaint, but as a woman who is constantly bombarded with one standard of beauty that she does NOT fit, I find it disgusting that he even implies breast size should be taken into consideration when deciding who looks like a woman. Same goes for eyebrows and hair style. You don't like it ? Fine, but saying she looks like a man because of those nitpicks is taking it too far.
So it's really more personal than anything else. I'm sorry to say this, but basically complaining about how you'll never fit other peoples standards of beauty won't make you feel better NOR will it make them change their standards -_-. You'll either have to a) learn to live with it or b) change. Either one. It's the same thing as people complaining about how they should have the right to say what they want and then get upset when people call them jerks. Freedom of expression is not freedom from consequence. We're social animals, if you can't live with the social dynamic, you either need to accept it or find enough angry, bitter people like you and change it.

you know what maybe you're right. I should just get my hurt sensitive ass off the internet.

EDIT: Done talking about this. There was no reason for that conversation to be posted in this thread in the first place. It had nothing to do with the conversation at hand and was obviously just an excuse to stir up trouble. Dan's personality or attitude has nothing to do with this episode or Thundercats.[/QUOTE]

It really has nothing to do with it. I just found it incredulous how many people were going 'you should only be nice to people who post their works online'. I guess it's the extreme of 'if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chique View Post
Mom, and two of my younger siblings got hit by a Coca-Cola truck. My sister still can't drive on the freeways and had nightmares about it for a good year, but other than a few cuts and bruises she was physically fine. My brother on the other hand doesn't have much to say about it, and he had to be resuscitated.
Um, did they go onto facebook and then get needlessly angry at someone in a comment section? It seems not.

Nobody forced DN to go onto facebook and then make angry replies at people. Yes, he could have been suffering from stress or trauma or whatever. But let's look at it this way, he STILL chose to go onto facebook for god knows what reason after surviving a (maybe serious) vehicular accident. It's like people I know who go onto facebook and then complain about 'omg, my life sucks etc etc etc' or say how they're in so much trouble and then when people comment on that, they NEVER ever say what's up with them. Personally, if you've just survived a potentially fatal accident, I would think going onto facebook would be the LAST thing on your mind.
Sining is offline   Reply With Quote