TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 11:11 AM   #359
AlexofThundera
Talk Hard
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleRylan View Post
There is a reason people keep saying this show has bad writing. Because, to most people, it does. People don't just randomly attack the writing, and this isn't one or two people. People everywhere, from random fans to professional critics, constantly cite the bad writing. That is not a conspiracy, it is the honest feelings of most of the people that watch this show. The show has great animation, a fascinating setting, characters that we love (although I'm not enamored with some of the NS directions they've gone), but it's writing is NOT up to par.
I have to concur with this. So far they have delivered two episodes which I believe have been fantastic. The Song of the Petalars & The Duelist and the Drifter. These two episodes are what Thundercats is about (to me). Watching our favorite characters explore their world and encounter strange and interesting new characters along the way while learning lessons in life, all while dodging Mummras attempts at stealing the Eye of Thundera.

All the other episodes have just been "one watch" episodes. I watch em once, and don't find myself wanting to watch them again. Yet there are episodes in the OS which I can watch time and time again (The Ghost Warrior).

The two episodes in the NS I mentioned up top I have watched 2 or 3 times. They are also two of the episodes from the NS which I see people on here and Tcatslair mention the most. I wonder if the writers ever get word of this?

Point blank, the writing has not been good. It seems like WB has this fantastic show in their hands that was just "magic" when it came together in the 80's, but they don't quite know how to keep that magic flowing in today's world.
AlexofThundera is offline   Reply With Quote