Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 02:19 AM   #40
ThunderTomkat21
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Megatron View Post
Why not do classic figures in the 6 inch size so they can all be in the same scale? The sculpts look really good though so far.
That's what I'm wondering too. The only figures that Thundercats Classics will be in scale with(going by figures from the past few years), are:
  • Saint Seiya(Bandai America versions)
  • Sigma 6
  • Mattel Retro Action
6" is the more popular scale, a scale that MOTUC, Marvel Legends, DCUC, and other companies use for collectors' figures. Struck me as odd that Bandai America chose 8" for Classics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deefuzz View Post
Just be thankful that Mattel isn't handling the license, otherwise you would be lucky to see even a fraction of the toys at retail.
Judging from what Mattel did with DCIH and how much they are now charging for DCUC, yeah, I agree! Man...hopefully they do Voltron justice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_Bacala View Post
Personally, so long as they don't 100% suck, I think I am gonna stick with the 4 inch figures. Cheaper, more in less space on a shelf.
They seem to be formatted like the small scale Power Ranger toys, same style articulation, scale, et al. Hmm. I'll have to see these in person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoe071681 View Post
It all depends. i'm kind of liking it, but bandai is currently doing things like Ben 10 so I'm not sure. On the other hand they did do the Gundam series so............
Gundam died in the US under Bandai America. Gundam Wing was successful but the rest did not do well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhand View Post
At first, I was very skeptical, but now...I've got a little more faith. I can't wait to see more.
Same here
ThunderTomkat21 is offline   Reply With Quote