View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 09:59 PM   #1641
cmangund
Hardcore Lion-O + L/C Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
Whatever happen to Batman Beyond?

I always liked Batman and Catwomen.

I think the difference between TC and JL, TC is about lion-o and his classic hero journey. As you mention, hero always gets the lead female.
In batman Beyond, old bats got heart condition and cannot fight that well again so his son (got the son not in natural way rather than from the Cadmus project continuation Batman Beyond project lead by amanda waller, to ensure that the world will always have a batman)terry become batman, but terry didn't know that bats is his father until JL episode "epiloque". As with catwoman (aka selina) was also refered to in that episode, during the rampage terry learned that bats was infact his father said bats had pushed selina (catwoman), Dick(robin) and barbara(batgirl) away. Wondy was nowhere to be found in this era, thus the alot of the fans pissed off, so Mcduffie responded http://www.thundercats.ws/thundercat.../33/#post25583

As for catwoman and batman in JL universe didn't work out, apparently and no bats/cat ship at all in JL. The writers prefer bats/wondy. In bats/wondy case the writers thought in the long run bats/wondy worked better than bats/cat. Because with bat/cat it was always about the playing around and the thrill of the night, rather than serious relationship. so they go for that bats/wondy route (Most fans of JL went nuts with the bats/wondy pairing like what happened now at TCL, but the writers did not go that way because of the fans went nuts like in TCL, but because of what they saw in bats/wondy pairing, There never were any cases in my experience in WB cartoons that the writers choose certain pairings because of fans went crazy So if most folks at TCL are like that. I wouldn't care because it's pointless, just look at the facts and data out there, and right now all the facts and data are pointing more heavily to Lion-O/Cheetara). Maybe it's because no other woman can stand with bats issues and personality, he admited it to wondy, that he is a rich kid with issues, lots of issues.

Yeah the main difference is that TC is about a classic hero's journey as Jelenic said. But the way this main ship is developing there are similarities between JL and TC.

Last edited by cmangund; 12-23-2011 at 01:40 AM..
cmangund is offline   Reply With Quote