TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 07:22 PM   #1
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
We'll start with my semi educated email. I wanted to really show them I knew what was up and see what their plans were.

ahem ---

Subject: Thundercats product question

Hello, and thank you for your time reading this.

As a consumer of Thundercats products, I have recently read through numerous websites that the figure line, both new and classic are being discontinued by bandai. All stores near me in NY have put all merchandise on clearance and shrunk the space for the figures or replaced them. I do understand that the Spring line is coming out/ as some e-tailers have been selling cases wich is how Ive purchased said items. Toys R Us has told me they will not be recieving any further product from thundercats and has removed most SKU's from their inventory.

Officially are there plan's to continue this toy line after the Spring asst for the modern or classic series? Or are there plans to announce something at Sandeigo Comicon? Hope you have some answers for me as I am a huge fan and have purchased every single product to date, it would be a shame as there are so many figures left to even flesh out a complete set. Thanks again.

Kreg

------------------ pretty good right? I thought so. Now before we get to the reply, Bandai have always been good to me during the power rangers years and hooked me up with freebies and replacements, and always direct answers so I actually expected something, to wich we get...

"Kreg:

Bandai America appreciates your interest in ThunderCats.

ThunderCats shipments go to retailers’ distribution centers who in turn allocate to their individual stores so we are unable to tell exactly when to expect certain products in a location near you or online. Please do encourage major retailers to continue purchasing assortments of ThunderCats products so that we may continually add new products to the line.

Sincerely,

Bandai America
Customer Service"

Doesnt really scream yes, no or maybe. In my eyes it just says "We shipped the shit out, find it or dont." I wasnt expecting a love letter, or even a free ticket to a glory hole with Cheetara and Pumyra at the ends, just a simple We have X planned, hope it comes out.

With the vibe I got, im gunna say without a doubt they have no plans or clue what to do with the line unless a major outlet says to ship more. Fact is, they wont. I know alot of you want to believe wave's 3-100 are coming out, and id sell my first born for a few more goodies, but come on now. Toys R Us with a line thats almost fully MIA from the store isnt gunna call them and be like "Holy shit we need more broski!!!". Not gunna happen.

Just wanted to share my Mister Negitive news with you all. Excuse me while I go stand in the rain.
Kregermeister is offline   Reply With Quote