TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 09:44 AM   #233
Pravus Prime
Ancient Spirit of Evil
Well, that was a terrible episode.

They didn't show the important bits. How were the cats captured early, but later managed to fight from bondage to free themselves later? How did Lion-O sneak up on the kits? How did Lion-O capture or get aboard the bird? Those latter moments were the character defining ones for the trial, yet they aren't shown?

What is the logic of the villains? They capture and bind the cats, yet then on the skiff more or less decide to kill them? Why capture them in the first place then? They could use the missle launcher on the skiff to hit the cats on the mountain pass from below, yet can't find the ginormous Thundertank/Fortress? Also, did the cats lose their peripheral vision? How did the mutants surprise them on a mountain pass from 2 feet away?

How is Lion-O supposed to follow Kits marks? The first one is obvious, but the second was left after being transported on the flying skiff for how many miles in which direction from where Lion-O fell?

These trials are supposed to be about learning lessons, yet instead it's preaching and then moments of thought, no actual lesson, no real impact, which is what this series always does; it's what happened in Duelist in the Drifter. Lion-O can't win, is given advice, then wins because the plot demands it.

I really could go on, discussing how Monkian and Jackalman don't work as enforcer instead of murderers, the poor fight choreography (again/still), the still flat characterization, and so forth, but why bother?

I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to stick with this series.
Pravus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote