TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 11:52 PM   #332
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sining View Post
No he didn't. He complained that he felt like Pumyra was a male design because of several reasons; like her eyebrows etc of which boobsize was ONE of them.

That was a rude comment??

Respect has to be earned. Just because you're Dan norton, Bill gates, George Bush etc etc, doesn't mean everyone has to respect you -_-

Seriously, what is out of line about the original comment. He basically said 'sorry, design not doing it for me. Looks like a d00d' If this is what people consider out of line, maybe they shouldn't go onto the internet. Or forums. And definitely not /b.

DO NOT WANT. Let's not let Michael Bay touch ANY 80s franchise every again.

But seriously, all I'm getting from this and from 'certain' people is that 'oh i put something on the net. EVERYONE MUST BOW DOWN AND WORSHIP ME. Oh and not say anything that disagrees with me'. I've seen this in fanfic authors; *coughperfectlionheartcough* to name a few and it's usually a sign of a horrible character and personality.

He can't take criticism from people who don't have the power to fire him apparently. I've seen that in some people. They suck it up from the bosses cause they kind of have to.

As a guy who has been in THREE vehicular accidents before, one of which involved a damn lorry ramming into the passenger side of the car I was in; and almost one-shotting me, I can tell you this. I wasn't crass or cross with anyone after it happened. If I found something that annoyed me, I just left it because I had better things to do. It says something about Dan that he doesn't.
The fact that he commented about her eyebrows and everything else doesn't change the fact that her boob size was brought into the conversation, nor make it less offensive. A woman is not a woman because of the size of her breast. Breast size does not make one woman more womanly than the other. The idea that women have to look a certain way to be considered women is offensive and misogynistic. Who the hell is he to say what makes a woman a woman? If the screen name is anything to go by, then he doesn't even have breast or a vagina, so excuse the hell out of me if I think he should take a seat on the subject at hand.

You really don't see how his comment could be interpreted as rude or hurtful? Personally, I think everyone should have been turned off by the way he voiced his complaint, but as a woman who is constantly bombarded with one standard of beauty that she does NOT fit, I find it disgusting that he even implies breast size should be taken into consideration when deciding who looks like a woman. Same goes for eyebrows and hair style. You don't like it ? Fine, but saying she looks like a man because of those nitpicks is taking it too far.

you know what maybe you're right. I should just get my hurt sensitive ass off the internet.

Nope, not in my book. I respect everyone until they give me a reason not to. You should expect to get what you put out.

Ok, so that's how you reacted to being in a car accident. Still, I don't think its a stretch to say some people might react differently.
EDIT: Done talking about this. There was no reason for that conversation to be posted in this thread in the first place. It had nothing to do with the conversation at hand and was obviously just an excuse to stir up trouble. Dan's personality or attitude has nothing to do with this episode or Thundercats.

Last edited by Chique; 05-21-2012 at 12:34 AM..
Chique is offline   Reply With Quote