Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 11:03 AM   #354
CreepySariFan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sining View Post
Well, there's nothing with sympathy. However, there are people who use sympathy to get what they want from other people or to defuse their wrath. I know of a very prominent scammer on dakkadakka who did some commission jobs for several of the members on the forum. He would take the jobs to paint stuff for them, get the money up front, say it would be ready by so-and-so date and then when the date came and went, nothing arrived. They would try and get a hold of him, but have a very hard time doing so, and eventually when they did contact him, he would tell them some story about how his wife was very sick or his children were very sick etc and this made them go 'oh, the guy's having a hard time, let me ease off on him a little'. He made thousands of dollars this way.
I feel like there's a big difference between letting someone get away with scamming people out of their money (a criminal offense, in which the lawyer anvil should be dropped), and forgiving them for having a public emotional outburst (flaw of a human being, yet people are even more harsh about it than the situation with the con artist).
CreepySariFan is offline   Reply With Quote