Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 10:06 AM   #399
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakinZoid View Post
Personally, I don't put much stock into the crew interviews and such. I follow the mantra of trust episodes, not interviews. All to often, what is said and what is shown are quite different. I get the feeling that most of the time, the crew just tells people what they figure they'll want to hear.
Case in point, I remember hearing in an interview that the DC comic would not be used as reference but from watching the cartoon, it is glaringly obvious that the TC crew are drawing heavily on the comics.

In a way, I see the show as moving more away from the OS as it progresses.

You might be right about those who were put off at the beginning but it seems that as the show progresses, more and more OS fans (I've seen them referred to as ThunderDads lol) put down the remote and walked away. I'm not saying it's a stone cold fact, just my observation based on reading comments on variuos boards, looking at episode ratings, and general chat.
The only things I've seen similar to the WS comics are circumstantial similarities. Everyone quotes Tygra and Cheetara being a couple and Dobo as being refrences to the comics, but is there anything else? I mean the couple thing could've came from just their heads. And as for Dobo there's only so many ways you can draw a guy with a doberman head as most dobermans have the exact same fur patterns. Having a dog that's the same species as another dog character isn't enough to say "oh he's a copy of that guy!" Their personalties were different, their clothing was different, and their circumstances were different. When the only thing you have to go on is that their species is the same it's not a copy.

Last edited by Balgus82; 05-22-2012 at 10:16 AM..
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote