TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 12:44 PM   #33
stac
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 View Post
I don't see how my comment was at all "straw man".
You brought up the Original Show when the OP never mentioned it and when none of the other posters have said they wanted another “carbon copy,” hence why I called your comment a straw man.

Quote:
I wasn't targeting an individual, or even a general group of haters.
You implied that those that “hate” the new show do so simply because they wanted a “carbon copy” of the Original. That comment was definitely aimed at those who criticise the new show for various reasons.

Quote:
I'm not exaggerating or distorting things when I say that I've seen some of the people that hate this new show say that it should have been just like the original. Some of these comments I've seen on here,
Except perhaps for that one person (kevster) on another thread, I haven’t really seen anyone express the opinion that they desired the New Series to be a “carbon copy” of the Original. On the other hand, I have seen some say that they preferred certain aspects of the Original and wish that the New Series emulated the Original in certain ways. That is a far cry from wanting a "carbon copy" of the Original. Not to mention, there are also those (such as myself) who criticise the New Series without referencing the Original at all.

Quote:
but most that I've witnessed have been on other sites that I frequent.
Perhaps you should have mentioned this in your previous post. Besides, what do other people on other forums have to do with the topic of this thread or the people posting here?
stac is offline   Reply With Quote