TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011, 11:50 AM   #64
Saint Phe
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyCat View Post
I am very aware of variants. Usually its more defined then a 1/4" sized design change. The problem I have is that the outfit/armor he is wearing when he is on the same side of Mumm-ra, he never wore as a Thundercat (or up to this point). so it doesnt make any sense to make him a Thundercat in the Forces of Evil armor. Grunes armor was totally different when he was a true Thundercat, as I pointed out in a previous post.

If you are correct that the 4" line isnt aimed at collectors but at kids who want to play with them, You think kids are going to hold out on buying the evil Grune until they find one one with the Thundercats logo? So again, by your logic, they just want a Grune regardless of the logo? So then Why would Bandai spend money and resources for the variant that kids dont care about? Or you would think they would just totally omit any logo and have an empty red circle, so then he can play for both sides, therefore saving Bandai effort and money.
HIS ARMOR IS A MOOT POINT. They CANNOT make a whole different armor for him this early in the line! The hero/villain logo is probably way more important to most kids than what version of his armor he's wearing. And even if it's not, there's nothing that can be done about it at this point. Grune (either version) is pretty hard to find right now. He seems to be about the rarest of the 4" figures. I'm sure Bandai would love to make both versions more available. But that's more up to retailers.

And I very much doubt Bandai spent alot of extra money, resources, or effort on this VERY SIMPLE DIFFERENCE. It's just something cool they did. Whether you personally like it or not, I'm sure there are alot of people that will.
Saint Phe is offline   Reply With Quote