Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 07:40 PM   #554
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleRylan View Post
Exactly, and it's bit sad because I do think romance has a place in this show. It's not necessary, but in a show that actually has some adult themes; where dynasty and line of succession play such a large role, there is room for a romantic angle.

And kids shows can have workable romances. The Last Airbender had perfectly good romances. Some people didn't like the pairings in question, but I never heard anyone say they should remove all the romance.

This one is just poorly done. I think they either need to give it a huge re-tool, or bring in Bengali and Pumyra and inject some new blood into the mix and change the interactions.
Unfortunately Thundercats doesn't have the long-run guarantee Nick gave to Avatar, and the writers just had to have their romance right-frickin-now.

I get it, Thundercats has no concrete promise that it's going to run past the initial 26-episode order, but if the first season is such a self-contained arc that ends with [SPECULATION] Lion-O and the other cats defeating Mumm-Ra and saving Third Earth [/SPECULATION] where do they even go from there?

I would love for the show to continue past the first season and maybe be a bit more episodic. Some episodes don't really conclude so much as they just seem to stop right in the middle (Journey to The Tower of Omens).

It's one of those shows that works better on DVD rather than weekly viewing.
SirSapphire is offline   Reply With Quote