Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 10:35 PM   #55
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chique View Post
Um...other than being the oldest female, how has Cheetara had an Alpha presence on this show? She's been in the background since day one. Show me the receipts Helping Lion-O with his self-doubt has been about 90% of her character. Other than telling him to believe in himself, she doesn't do much...
Unless you mean fighting, but it's an action heavy show so...yea.

Eh, I'm not to big on the "cat fight " trope. It's a common one, but it's silly(IMO). Women are capable of getting along with each other. Just because we have a new set of tits in the group, it doesn't mean we have the old ones should feel like less. It reinforces that whole, women are petty and jealous stereotype. We just can't stand to see another woman come out on top.
Now, I would be happy to see her rebuild her relationship with Lion-O. It would be nice to see that he can still come to her with his doubts ( I just don't want her character to amount to Lion-O's emotional post). From what I can tell from the spoilers, Pumyra seems like she would come off a little too harsh. Considering the you can do it approach Cheetara took, he might not be as receptive to the tough love approach. If you ask me, Nu-Lion-O probably doesn't need as much hand holding.

Considering Cheetara doesn't do much, I don't see what Pumyra could possibly take from her.
I'm not even a Cheetara fan, but the writers are planning big things for Pumyra, yet Cheetara hasn't had a character arc yet? What are they waiting for?
That's one reason why I liked "Survival of the Fittest," It was nice to see her interact with someone else and play "big sister" to WilyKit.

You have a point about the "cat fight" (although I greatly enjoyed it in the old show), I don't think it's really necessary to have the two of them square off like that again on any issue.

Lion-O is probably the closest thing she has to a "best friend" and losing him to someone else is a legitimate concern, is it one she'll actually have? Who knows? But it would be nice to see her have some kind of conflict. As for why the producers and writers don't really use her much, she was very much a tool of the love triangle they set up and once that got resolved there just wasn't as much for her to do (not that she got a lot in the first place).

We know that the writers consider the first season "Lion-O's story" So other characters have to wait to get focus (Which they have been, but it's limited), but we also know that they've dedicated a few episodes to Pumyra, which probably means she's important to Lion-O (the assumption being that she's his love interest). The hope is once his story is finished they can branch out to the other characters and give them a chance to shine.
SirSapphire is offline   Reply With Quote