TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 08:56 AM   #14
Eclipse
Witch Doctor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grune the Destroyer View Post
Awesome. My youngest loves "The Trouble With Time" and "Terror of Hammerhand" episodes at the moment; speaking of which, I'd love to see Hammerhand and his crew reimagined for the new show.

And cool that your daughters love the "Song of the Petalers" episode; I really enjoy that one too... there's something so emotional and uplifting about the "moral"; it made it a real good one to watch with the kids.
We also had to deal with two big losses last year. We (parents) never used the episode as a tool to deal with all that happened, though, but the girls did a whole of reading between the lines on their own. There's no way it wouldn't have touched our hearts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthie View Post
You can tell the strength of a series by how "filler" episodes are utilized. Most producers use fillers as throwaways to pad the 24-26 episode demand. These tend to be weak outings that present nothing that adds to or takes away from the overall progression. In fact, the audience can skip these episodes with zero impact.

However, on occasion, you'll come across a series that leverages fillers for the purposes of the story line, infusing what could be a weak episode with enough care and meaning, that if the audience skips it, they will miss something critical to understanding subsequent episodes.

One can argue that S1 contained two fillers: SOTP and TD&TD. Yet, both were strong offerings that subtly pushed the arc forward while infusing emotion toward all of the main characters, even though most of them were off screen. It's difficult to achieve that level of story telling, especially in a first season, let alone one doused with all the hyper-expectations that inherently bind a reboot.

All that is to say that S1 was nothing short of a winner. I hope we can enjoy the same and even higher level of storytelling and quality in the upcoming season.
Funny how those two filler eps are the ones most people quote as favorites. Although they are also the ones most other people quote as "hated them"
Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote