TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 01:29 PM   #5
Jack-Pumpkinhead
Thunderan Thespian
All of those are fair points, both good & bad. And as for the aforementioned comics that should've been out, haven't you heard? DC has re-imagined their entire line (don't say reboot, that's a bad word) and their kids comics are focused on DC cartoons or (wait for it....) in-house CN shows. Who has time to make an epic fantasy comic tied into an epic fantasy cartoon when we have to make Wonder Woman more relatable by making her a product of angry sex (I SO wish I was kidding).
I think part of the problem is, people tend to compare WB to Disney, since both have huge stables of cartoon & now comic characters at their disposal. But Disney tends to actually give a damn about the characters. WB treats them like cash fodder. Yes, Disney used to put out bad sequels for a quick buck, but WB seems to be wholly indifferent about their properties. I just thought of this as I type, but it's like a later season episode of M*A*S*H, where Hawkeye's dad had surgery. Hawkeye has a dad who usually shows his care, where Winchester has a father who acts like he doesn't give a damn.
While I'd be inclined to say let it die, I think if they could get a better show runner who can get more consistency between episodes, it'd go a long way to helping.
Jack-Pumpkinhead is offline   Reply With Quote