TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 03:55 PM   #10
Darkspeed
Spectacular, Mechtacular!
Overall, I'd say this show is a success. I'd been looking forward to it for a long time, and the first few episodes certainly disappoint... The character designs were really well done, the new story was refreshing and didn't treat the audience like idiots - You knew during the invasion that bad shit was going down, and it didn't shy away from it. The later episodes, revealing the backstory of Mumm-Ra and the Sword of Omens, were great but did stretch my imagination a little too thin in places... Particularly Mumm-Ra being from outer space. I honestly preferred him as a solely supernatural enemy, but at least this new version is much more of a present threat.

But the selling point for me are the characters... Brilliantly written and cast, they bring a lot to the show. The new version of Lion-O is great, Panthro and Cheetara have a lot of depth to them, and even the Thunderkittens are fun to watch. Tigra is my least favorite, if only for fact he hasn't really had much development. But the star of the show for me is Grune, who really is the most charismatic of all the cast. And the new characters they introduce every week do a great job of standing up with the regulars, so I hope this trend continues.
Darkspeed is offline   Reply With Quote