Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 10:52 PM   #288
FreakinZoid
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
Dan Norton doesn't do the animation, nor does he direct the episodes. Any animation errors would not be his fault. So bringing him up is off-topic.

And it's not just that post. There are multiple posts where AnonymousIncognito brings up Dan, making snide comments about him, when no one else is talking about Dan at all.

Also I think Dan had every right to defend himself. Telling someone a woman he draws looks like a man cause her boobs aren't big enough is not constructive criticism.
I don't recall saying he did. I just answered your question as best I could.

Sorry but people make snide remarks about others all the time - just watch MSNBC, FOX News, or listen to talk news radio like NPR or the like - so I can't really side with you on that. Human nature is human nature.

I would agree with you if the comment had been just about the boobs but it wasn't. The hair and eyebrows were also mentioned so to me, it was an all around honest criticism. Add to the fact the guy said he liked Dan's other work, just not that one so I still have to stand by what I said; Dan was out of line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
Also he explained why he deleted those posts. Fans were coming to defend him and were subsequently being attacked by trolls because of it.

"Thanks to the peeps who in the last few days have gratuitously put out their necks to defend my opinions on my posts. I give you a salute and offer my apologies for the personal attacks that came with that noble gesture. I've blocked the offenders and removed posts that seemed to have triggered a fallout upon people whom I respect and admire that came to my defense. I hope that keeps folks on the up and up. Out of this respect, I'll try to avoid answering posts I find vapid, shallow and flat out stupid so nobody else will incur the wrath. But I'm an artist, it's bound to happen again .

D "
I feel that if he never reacted in such a tactless manner to begin with and handled criticism better, the fans wouldn't have needed to come to his rescue so to speak. Then again, I didn't really read much of any opinion in Daniels replies to the individual, just a whole lot of anger and rage over nothing that deserved such anger and rage.

I understand that you will continue to defend Daniel and that's okay. I don't want you to feel like you need to go on any kind of defensive or anything with me over this.
I just can't defend a person who says that kind of stuff to another who just gave their honest opinion and didn't appear to be trolling at all. That's just me.
FreakinZoid is offline   Reply With Quote