TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 01:08 PM   #304
fuukonomiko
Harbinger of Tiger Doom
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post
Exactly, good point. I dabble in art myself. Nothing spectacular, the occasional Transformers or MLP FiM art here and there. I appreciate criticism that's given like "You should focus more on shading" or "His left leg feels off, check that out".

However 'criticism' like Dan got, is not criticism. It's trolling. Saying straight out that you don't like something, fine. But saying you don't like Pumyra because "she looks like a man with such breasts" (which, btw, astounds me, she has perfectly fine breasts IMHO), or just leaving a comment saying "It sucks"? Sorry, that's trolling.

I know, internet and (relative) anonymity provides people with opportunities to "tell off" anyone, that still does not make this a mature behaviour. Especially because they provide no valid reason why they dislike something. In which case, I say they should have better not spoken at all. And such baseless dirt-throwing can and will make people mad, especially if they worked hard on said artwork. I can totally understand Dan. He's probably still working hard to provide new designs for Season 2, and he takes the time to still share his S1 work with us.
I'm just going to come to my friend's defense here just a hair (NewGuy13), mostly because he doesn't come to the boards.

From Wikipedia:
In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4] The noun troll may refer to the provocative message itself, as in: "That was an excellent troll you posted."

He wasn't trolling, he wrote a poorly worded opinion of Pumyra's new design. He didn't just dislike her body structure, he didn't like her hair (some folks on the other boards called it a mullet!), and he didn't like her eyebrows. Could have he said it better? Of course he could. And he should've. He doesn't say that to provoke Dan or anyone else, sometimes he talks without thinking it thoroughly, as we all can do from time to time. A troll feeds on attention, which he does not. Don't think he hasn't heard from me about doing what he did. The first thing I told him when I saw that post was "Oh no you didn't!" He told me it was just his honest opinion and that he's sticking by it. He still likes all the stuff Dan does, just not that one. And unlike other trolls, he doesn't go to the Crew of Omens board, Facebook, Fanfiction, Thundercats Lair, this website, WB, CN, whining and complaining about Dan's drawing of Pumyra, insulting his character/integrity/lifestyle/job/storyline/animation/hairstyle/etcetera or even the rest of the TC crew for what's been going on with TC. Now THAT, would compromise a troll. He commented on one drawing by Dan Norton, and one more drawing of Pumyra by another person. That was it.

I'm sorry if I got a little worked up about this, but he is a good friend of mine and I'm not just going to sit here while his comment, though not very polite, gets blown out of proportion.
fuukonomiko is offline   Reply With Quote