TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 01:19 PM   #72
AlexofThundera
Talk Hard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat's Pajamas View Post
I can't for the life of me figure out what had been "arrogantly" changed for the new series. I see a show that has selected the best from the 80's series, and intelligently updated the material.
I have to respectfully disagree. Giving Panthro "go go gadget" arms was not an intelligent update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi View Post
weapons are similar if not the same as the original
Again I have to respectfully disagree. While they may bare resemblance to their OS counterparts or look exactly the same, "what they can do" has changed dramatically, and believe it or not that plays a huge role in which characters the kids "want to be" when they watch the show or role play with their toys. Not to mention the NS Sword of Omens is nothing compared to the OS Sword of Omens.

And just to add on Panthro (not directed at anyone) he honestly bares no resemblance to the OS Panthro anymore. You know the bad ass nunchuku wielding dude? The NS Panthro has been reduced to comic relief. I don't mind it some of the time, but I do feel they turned an awesome character into a "not so awesome" character with Panthro. In all honesty I could say the same thing about Lion-O and Cheetara.
AlexofThundera is offline   Reply With Quote