Community Rules Today's Posts Search

Thread: G.I. Joe News
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 05:30 PM   #80
ThundeRSS
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Originally posted by: Shin Densetsu @ HissTank.com

Quote:
The MTV Movies Blog has posted excerpts from a conversation they had with Brian Goldner of Hasbro. The topic of conversation? None other than GI Joe 2.

"It's in the works! We have a really good script and we're right now talking to a number of directors," he told us. When asked if the director search officially puts original helmer Stephen Sommers out of the running, Goldner replied: "I don't know if I can comment. I don't know if the studio has commented yet. But we're certainly talking to some people."

It's not a confirmation on Gray or Chu, but Goldner's words are a strong indicator that Sommers really and truly is gone, even if the Hasbro CEO himself won't comment on the topic. He was considerably less restrained when discussing the story of the "G.I. Joe" sequel, praising the script from Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick for its ability to stand alone while tipping its hat to "Rise of Cobra."

"There is a really great idea in the second 'G.I. Joe,'" he said. "In many ways, it'll be great for the people who saw the first one, but you don't need to have studied every element of the first one to enjoy the second. We've made sure that that's the case."

While it's implied that GI Joe 2 may be decidedly different from GI Joe Rise Of Cobra, Goldner did have this to add:

"Obviously, we know coming out of the first film that the president is an impostor," Goldner explained. "You might begin with the knowledge of having your president as an impostor. What would that mean? From that, you can tell a very big story without only having to rely on the chronology of the first film."

What do you think of what Goldner had to say about the upcoming sequel?
Original Source: Brian Goldner Talks GI Joe 2 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
ThundeRSS is offline   Reply With Quote