Community Rules Today's Posts Search

Thread: G.I. Joe News
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 05:20 PM   #87
ThundeRSS
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Originally posted by: Shin Densetsu @ HissTank.com

Quote:
Jon Chu was listed as one of the GI Joe 2 Shortlist Directors, and made the cut, ending up on an even shorter shortlist. So currently it's down to F Gary Gray VS Jon Chu for GI Joe 2, and MTV Movies Blog recently chatted with Chu about prospects for GI Joe 2. While Chu claims that he does not know if the rumors about him directing GI Joe 2 are true, he didn't deny that he was working on it. It also turns out that he was a fan of GI Joe A Real American Hero during his childhood, going from Sunbow to the DiC series:

"I don't know," Chu laughed when we asked if there was any truth to the rumors connecting him to the "G.I. Joe" sequel. "I mean, I don't know what goes on inside the doors of Paramount, but I'm up for a bunch of different projects."

Not a confirmation, but certainly not a denial from where we're sitting. And while many "Joe" fans have scoffed at the idea of the "Step Up 3-D" director and Justin Bieber documentarian taking the reins on their beloved franchise, give the man a chance: after all, as he explains it, Chu is a deep cut fan of the series himself.

"'Joe' is something I've loved since I was a kid," he told us. "I still think there's a movie out there that can be done for the real 'Joe' fans, the one we've been waiting for that hasn't been done before."

"My era was 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles,' 'G.I. Joe' and 'Transformers,'" he continued. "When 'Joe' changed their theme song from the old style—'Go Joe!'—to 'Got to get tough, go Joe!' That was the era I was in. Those are the fun, glory years that I remember."

Again, Chu wouldn't say one way or the other whether or not he's involved with "G.I. Joe 2," though he's certainly happy to hear his name mentioned for such a project: "We'll see what happens there, but I'm just glad that I get to make movies and I get to make up stories and play around. I feel very blessed that I get to do that, and I know it doesn't last forever!"

Would you be content with Jon Chu directing GI Joe 2?
Original Source: Jon Chu Talks GI Joe 2 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
ThundeRSS is offline   Reply With Quote