Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 12:08 AM   #46
Dr Kain
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 View Post
Mattel's figures would have been well detailed, but lacking in the articulation department.
Uh what? Have you looked at Mattel's DCU line? They have:

Ball jointed neck
Ball jointed shoulders
Bicep swivel
Elbow swivel
Wrist swivel
Abdomen Crunch
Waist swivel
Balljointed hips
Thigh swivel
Knee swivel
Ankle swivel

Bandai's Thundercats line are missing the abdomen crunch on several figures, Bicep swivel on Cheetara, Waist swivel on both Panthro and Cheetara. The only ones that have the proper articulation are the Lion-Os.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pravus Prime View Post
If you meant 6 inch, I agree, otherwise couldn't disagree more. My 8 inch Lion-O has a tight as heck connector piece.
Nope, my 8incher had it flying halfway across the room the moment I even turned his leg, whereas this is not an issue on either 6incher.

Quote:
Hard not to make a big point of it when my own collection is over 58% defective. I'm not talking a paint bloop or a bent sword. I'm talking mis-assembled, missing accessories, "chewed"/malformed/malmolded, or with joints so loose that the figure is essentially a ragdoll. From July 2009 until January of 2011 I didn't purchase a single figure that could stand up without using a cape/staff as a tripod and/or not explode into lots of small green pieces moments after opening the package.
That's interesting because the only figures I have that have issues are:

Roboto - backwards shoulders
Green Goddess - exploding crotch
King Hsss - backwards shoulders

I have not had any chewed or misformed weapons, nor missing ones. The only figures with ankles so loose that do not stand up on their own are Optikk and Prince Adam, and I don't give a crap about Optikk, as he is a NA character.

My Snout Spouts are fine. My Swift Winds are fine. My Wind Raiders are fine. Even that stupid Hurricane Hordak is fine.

Quote:
Tygra being shortpacked and nearly impossible to find.
As opposed to what? I have yet to see a Tygra on the shelves.

Quote:
The shelves would be full of clearanced Lion-Os.
Have you been to TRU lately? Their shelves are full of clearanced Lion-Os and Mumm-Ras.

Quote:
Remember, that's how they handle their mass retail boy brands and what killed 200X He-man and what was a factor in killing Green Lantern.
Green Lantern was killed because the movie was crap.

BTW, you say Mattel would have 13 versions of Lion-O? Then what is Regular 4inch Lion-O, big gauntlet Lion-O, standing still with mini tower Lion-O, bike riding Lion-O, gold Lion-O with armor, 6inch Lion-O, 6inch Classics Lion-O, and 8inch Classics Lion-O?

Last edited by Dr Kain; 04-10-2012 at 12:21 AM..
Dr Kain is offline   Reply With Quote