TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 08-19-2011, 09:08 PM   #17
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Great episode. Almost forgot to comment on it, lol. If I were to have one complaint, it would be that there was so much packed into just one episode. I'll definitely be rewatching this one a couple more times before next week's episode airs. Only other thing that even comes close to a complaint, would be the lack of any explanation for Grune's missing tooth and Panthro's eye injury. Would've been nice to see what caused those two injuries. Who knows, maybe those flashbacks will come into play later on in the series.

Panthro was great. It's nice to see what lead to his and Grune's mission, and what happened on said mission. It's also interesting to see a Panthro that won't blindly follow the new lord of the Thundercat's every command. Hopefully Panthro will be a good teacher to Lion-O.

Grune was really good in this episode too. His growing anger with Claudus was well handled. I like how Mumm-Ra called to him like that. Sort of reminded me of the Basilisk in HP:CoS. Was nice to see Grune's first betrayal.

Mumm-Ra was really good too, if a bit short-lived. Was nice to see his tomb, and his cauldron thingy (wasn't sure if the new show was going to have that in there). Hopefully the next episode will have him turning into his ever living form. Feels a little weird that we're five episodes in, and still haven't seen him as more than just the mummy.

The tank looks like it's going to be great. It's nice to see that the compartment in the back of the toy is something show-related. It sort of reminds me of the troop carrying APC's. Should be interesting to see Lion-O and Tygra riding in the ThunderRacers for the first time, and the twin's on their boards for the first time.

The Driller was a really nice cameo, and I can imagine him coming back sometime later in the series. He's definitely injured, but I doubt he's dead. Also, add me to the list of people that want to see him made into a toy. Most especially if they could make him at the 6" scale (the more I think about it, the more I think I'll go with the 6" figures).

I can't wait to see next week's episode. Though I think I might miss it's airing like I did last week's episode, so I'll probably have to catch it via online sources (most likely youtube). Should be interesting to see the Tower of Omens, and what all happens on their journey to it.

Last edited by Ravenxl7; 08-19-2011 at 09:11 PM..
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote