TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 11:20 PM   #20
Beej B
Loves the new show!!!
I've just never gotten what the big deal with DBZ is/was. I've tried repeatedly to watch it and reach some epiphany on what it is that makes so many people love it so much, but it's never happened for me. And I watch a LOT of other anime, so it's certainly not the genre - I just don't get the appeal of THIS series. IMO, it's just a lot of screaming and grunting, veins bulging, muscles flexing, necks stretching and so on and so forth, lol. The animation and character designs are nothing to write home about, and I find the "story" uncompelling and uninteresting. There's just no real hook to it, IMO. But that's all it is - an opinion. And I'm perfectly entitled to it.

And FWIW the new TC has featured plenty of "killing" so far. I'd call the tragic murder of Claudus, along with the slaughter of practically their entire species a pretty fair representation of death and tragedy in this series. And that's only a mere 2 episodes in. Just because this show's creators have to abide by a certain measure of standards and practices guidelines and not show someone getting sliced into a hundred little pieces or entire crowds of people dying on screen doesn't mean you don't accept the scope and obvious ramifications of what's happened in the story. In essence, you need not be gratuitous to get a simple point across. If the story is well written enough, viewers of all ages and intelligences will grasp the meaning of what has happened and why.
Beej B is offline   Reply With Quote