TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 06:50 AM   #219
kevster
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by englishw View Post
It's been a long time since I've read something so negative. You talk about arrogance and then a couple sentences later you say, "The show is junk and should die."... like your opinion is fact and basis enough for something that a lot of people have worked very hard on to bring us and that a lot of us love.
First, " let it die" is a response to the original article.

Second yes, after the first episode , I saw the abysmal train wreck this show is.

When it was announced that the how was being worked on. I was excited for the prospect of the new show.

But when a show runner like Michael Jelenic does a couple interviews where he says he "loved the original" but in the same interviews says he " couldn't understand it" there were fundamentally SERIOUS problems from the start.

Couple that with the fact that they even deceptively misleading promo art used that sihloutted painting that looked a shot of the classic lion-o....The first episode was sign of this show dying fast.

Bandai then released that HORRIBLY painted SDCC Lion-o ..that was another sign that the toymaker was going to fail with the line. They decided not to learn from peers in the sci-fi/fantasy stuff like Mattel ( and they have their problems.) who is doing far better looking sculpts and interesting figures.

It was easy to see that this line was going to flop.

......and here we are, with people clinging to hope that all this silence on the future of the show is a GOOD THING?

and BTW, for all the stupid yuks about ST:TNG.....Picard was far better. but the show at least established that it was A DIFFERENT ITERATION of Star Trek. a more appropriate comparison is the the newest Movie with the Original...and it passes because its faithful...Far more faithful than this show....

...again it fails.

Last edited by kevster; 06-20-2012 at 06:56 AM..
kevster is offline   Reply With Quote