TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 02:34 AM   #234
BB Shockwave
Thunder Kitty
I had to laugh at the "Exodus was awesome because it had cool sci-fi/fantasy and swords and sorcery and action and..." post. Seriously, yeah, a 10-year old might enjoy that for a while, but without characters with realistic personalities, it all falls flat on its face after a few episodes. It's why I stopped watching the OS after 25-30 episodes. And there is a reason that even as a kid, I preferred shows like Batman TAS or Gargoyles over shows where the heroes were boring one-dimensional characters like MOTU. If you want such shows - there is plenty to choose from, Filmation produced hundreds of them from the original Space Ghost to Goldar and his Golden Lance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevster View Post
Hollywood's most successful translations of comic and pop culture properties usually are the most faithful ( except transformers ). Hollywood producers have learned that trying to lean more towards faithful adaptations means success with fans.
You just stabbed yourself in the back with this comment. Transformers could be called Mighty Megamorphs and would still be successfull (sadly). Heck, Battleship. Check that movie out. What did it have to do with the game? Nothing. Was still a success.

Compare this with Watchman and 300, which were basically panel-by-panel recreations of the source material with some small parts added/removed. Yeah, the geeks (myself included) loved them. But they did not became blockbusters. Or there is Daredevil. Was incredibly close to the Frank Miller comic - was a huge flop.

And perhaps the best example - Batman Begins and Dark Knight. It re-imagined the classic Batman story and put it into a belieavable real life environment. The Joker was a truly scary anarchist madman who worked with easily affordable materials like knives and gasoline instead of laugh gas and silly gadgets, and Batman himself had realistic weaponry. I know, Batman has had TONS of iterations already, but when you compare the movie to the Tim Burton and Schuhmacher films - a big deviation from the "source". Yet, it was a huge hit.

Sorry, but your argument that sticking to the original equals good ratings, again, does not work. Another example - TMNT, the 2002 show. It threw out cartoonish Shredder, Krang, Beebop and Rocksteady and the pizza nonesense, and went back to the Mirage comic roots and added its own mythology to it (Agent Bishop, superhero Mike) instead of following the old toon. And guess what, it was a huge success that lasted for many years over 5 seasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat's Pajamas View Post
Honestly, thanks for the courteous reply. I bet you guys are all interesting and fun people, I'm not trying to single out anybody, or police the site or anything like that. Can we at least disagree in a friendly way?
Trying to appeal to reason and being polite with 15-year old trolls (based on their netiquette, that's probably their true age) on the internet... won't work for you, trust me. I learned the hard way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat's Pajamas View Post
Just think of the NS as an alternate universe T-cats and you'll love it then.

It's not Tygra, it's evil Tygra! I wish they'd given him a goatee!
LOL! That's a great idea. Frankly, I loved the episode with the tiger village, and the second-in-command guy who turned out to be evil did have a goatee... Hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowdheart View Post
I'd really like to get at least another season or two. If it isn't possible here then i'd like STUDIO 4° C to take over and release it in Japan, then all we'd need then is someone to get the RAWs, and some group to sub it.
Whiskers.... NO! Keep japan and their cliche anime writing as far from this show as possible. Imagine Thundercats with a 40-episode season, where in each episode they do the SAME THING over and over again with villains of the week, Mumm-Ra being defeated at the end of every episode, oh and... 3-minute long transformation sequences that are recycled footage.

Last edited by BB Shockwave; 06-21-2012 at 02:53 AM..
BB Shockwave is offline   Reply With Quote