TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 05:42 AM   #213
BB Shockwave
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat's Pajamas View Post
Alright, fine...We can't have a second in command who seems to be more physically and sexually adept than our leader!
LOL. Yeah, I quite liked that change. Kirk was less a captain and more of a daredevil Indiana Jones... Picard acted more like a real-life captain, remaining on the ship (where he was needed) and trusting his 'number one' to lead the away teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevster View Post
And Theres NO way on earth thats remotely true.
7) the Origin.....sorry , but the original DESTROYS the new show on this. It better, more interesting. I'd need another page to elaborate on how this is MUCH better. Exodus was just great tv. ( except for snarf)
I am sorry, but I could not leave this uncommented... as it is just ridiculous. Many eighties shows had great opening episodes, but TC was not one of them. It got much better after the first episode, yep.

Let's see... first we have the characters lose their home city, their planet, then witness the rest of the surviving ships being mercilessly destroyed by the mutants. None of them bats an eyelid at this! Lion-O just lost his father, and he doesn't even cry!!! I mean, sorry, I know this is not Batman the Animated Series, but... if you take away everything from the main characters, let that sense of loss linger on for at least the first episode!

Second... the nudity. "You will now wear clothes as this is the custom where you are going." Not only contradicted later when we meet other Thunderians (or where Lion-O goes back in time to meet his father), but... STUPID. Sooo stupid it hurts.

Jaga, another one... Is anyone shown to be sorry for the guy's sacrifice after he goes Ben Kenobi on us? he basically aged to death while piloting the ship.

I know, many people told me, the actors and the directors did the whole "wooden" acting on purpose, but even as a kid, it just seemed... really, really off. Like I was not watching "real" people react to things. And that's coming from the guy whose favourite Transformer is the emotionless Shockwave. 'Cause, you know, he is special in that regard. On TC the original series, well... sometimes all the characters acted like emotionless robots. "Lion-O has lighted the Thundersign. We must go..."

So yeah, the new take on Thundera, origins with Mumm-ra and the animals included, is much preferred, IMHO.

Last edited by BB Shockwave; 06-20-2012 at 05:57 AM..
BB Shockwave is offline   Reply With Quote