Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 05:29 PM   #85
stac
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
I see a big problem with blaming the writers. This is not directed at you, but in general if Tygra or Cheetara behave in any way that is not approved by Lion-O fans, they are a number of things (a jerk, a traitor, a seductress/temptress, you've read it). But whatever happens to Lion-O by Lion-O is bad writing.

It's either bad writing all around -and then we can all stop watching- or we work with what we have and make sense out of what we're given. It's a personal choice too, but we either discuss the writing alone, or what we see. I cannot take "it's the writing" as an argument anymore.
The characters who have suffered the most, in terms of character development, are Cheetara and Lion-O.

Tygra has actually been quite consistent - an entitled, pompous jerk who can be counted on to do the right thing in the end.

I have seen some fantastic idiocy so far from the writers. A few examples being: the absurd “love” triangle, inconsistent characterisation and the inability to maintain character development without significant regression, heavily fluctuating character skills and abilities which are often underplayed for plot convenience.

Is it too much to ask for consistency?
stac is offline   Reply With Quote