Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 08:47 AM   #388
Sining
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
I think the difference is with Simon's LI (Nia Teppelin ) comes around episode 9.
The difference is that Gurren Lagann is an AWESOME show and TC isn't. At that level anyway. When Lion-O can frigging bend space-time with the power of his awesomeness, then maybe I'll think differently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stac View Post
I take issue with the way the triangle was executed. I never denied the validity of the information presented.

Sure, Tygra’s attraction is definitely hinted at. I never said it wasn’t. What I meant was that there was nothing noteworthy about their interaction that would show why Cheetara made her decision. I saw nothing on Cheetara’s behalf that would have signalled her jump to Team Tygra.

Cheetara is one of the characters on this show who has gotten next to no development. First, she’s simply treated as a prize to won by Lion-O and Tygra. Then came episode 13, the 180 turn and a sudden change in personality.

I repeatedly bring up the triangle because it featured as a prominent part of the story and if it was done in such a shoddy manner, I don’t see the problem in asking questions.
More like the writers are falling into the 'tell, not show' trap. It's not an uncommon one and if any of you have ever read fanfiction, you would know what I mean -_- Some examples in actual published fiction, Star Ocean III? The big reveal? Yeah, that was out of frigging nowhere. You're playing a JRPG about some people who were out to save their universe from the big bad, only to discover that the party? They're actually NPCs in a giant MMO. The big bad? The server administrators. That TOTALLY came out of nowhere with no frigging hints at all during the entire game. Others off the top of my head, the romance with Ginny and Harry (did I miss something in the first 6 books that would have indicated this??), most movies by M. Night Shyamalan; EXCEPT the 6th sense cause that one you already had the feeling something was very wrong with Bruce Willis character.

It's sorta like playing with a DM who springs major stuff on you with no foreshadowing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCDustyV View Post
will admit the YJ time jump did bother me at first as well, but now I'm more ok with it, be better if I get good news on the KF/A front... anyway, I agree a time jump like Naruto's would be great for this show.
Eh, didn't like the YJ timeskip for several reasons. One was that it was too long of a time skip. It sort of killed the momentum of the cliffhanger from S1. They couldn't find anything out about the Light for 5 years? Really?? Secondly, the disappearance of too many old characters. For one thing, considering they replaced most of their cast except for Superboy and Ms. Martian *both of whom I find boring anyway*, it's kind of a slap in the face to the S1 fans. Because the S1 characters are the ones the S1 fans have gotten close to, the ones they've rooted for and suddenly they're gone just like that in S2 with no explanation. This doesn't seem like good writing to me. At least with the transition from JL to JLU, you still saw the core 6 very frequently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowdheart View Post
More Leo/Panthera? Finally!
This is pretty my OTP of the series. The only relationship without bs drama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleRylan View Post
I agree this can be cold, but like you said, I think the way they can have fun with this is to grab hold of the fact that he's king and basically make it the centerpiece. The old 'see past the crown to the real man' story that's been done forever. It's a good plot, and it would work here. I think to have a LI just ignore the fact that he's king would be disrespectful to him and weird, given how much focus they've put on the 'i'm the king, you have to follow my orders' stuff in this series.

And hopefully, despite or because of this, they'll deal with her issues too. But it's also important to note that a big part of being a good queen was being supportive of the guy with the weight of the world on his shoulders. Not very equal/feminist, but monarchy wasn't a very equal/feminist institution.

I'll say this for Pumyra though, while she is already turning into a big fan of Lion-o, she certainly seems to have her own opinions. Most subjects wouldn't judo-throw their king to the ground. So she may be just what you're looking for.
Um...most if not ALL of the people he's been travelling with WOULD judo-throw him to the ground. Lion-O doesn't really get much respect from the rest of the cats.
Sining is offline   Reply With Quote