TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 06-16-2012, 08:47 PM   #131
stac
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowdheart View Post
She doesn't know he was on a mission to get the book though. I'm sure if he thought there were survivors he would have looked. And anyway, he didn't leave her for dead. He didn't know she existed. He was driven by revenge due to his father's death, and even then......didn't they say they had look for survivors before they left? He probably didn't see her under the rubble.
The similarities between Tygra and Pumyra are striking. Tygra blamed Lion-O for “taking” away the Crown. Pumyra blames Lion-O for not being there for her when she needed him. Both blame Lion-O for events out of his control. Both are, in certain ways, physically and emotionally abusive towards him.

I never really liked Pumyra but I’m still a bit disappointed with the turn of events. Turning her into a zombie whose sole motivation is a desire for vengeance was not a smart move. It might have been acceptable if Pumyra’s hate towards Lion-O was righteous, but it isn’t – it’s completely irrational and unjustified.

So what has happened to the two main female characters? The first has been reduced from an interesting Cleric to a token girlfriend/cheerleader. The second, a tough (though slightly bipolar) ex-gladiator has been turned into a rage filled zombie. Disappointing.
stac is offline   Reply With Quote