Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 03:15 AM   #358
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chique View Post
This is really just my personal preference, but basically this. I mean, the show might just turn Pumyra into a replacement cheerleader, and I wont like it.
Eh, don't want to give you the wrong impression with the dominant/submissive thing. I just don't want to see anyone really, just shot down because Lion-O is ruler and they must always obey. What if he's wrong? What if someone else has a better idea? The whole idea just freaks me out, especially when it comes to a romantic relationship. I know he wouldn't treat his GF like crap, I just want a better dynamic between him and his love interest. Once again, personal preference. Who knows what the shows going to give us as far a group dynamic( post trials), I'm just talking personal preference here.

What I want, and what I'll get are going to be two different things. I want to feel like both parties are comfortable speaking up. Everyone shutting up because he is king is just not my thing. It just annoys me. Personal preference. Ugh, now that I'm getting this all out, maybe I wont ship
Lion-O with anyone...
I get that he is King and this is his show, but I guess I don't want to see the romance handled so...cold I guess,It wont be any fun for me. Cold is probably not the best word. I know Lion-O is not some heartless bastard.
I certainly don't want to see someone defined by Lion-O, or Tygra.

Overall, I think the having someone else issues dealt with is probably what I'm asking for. Not only will it develop who ever she is, but we can get another side of Lion-O (Native Son).
kind of went over board with the "personal preference" thing. Just so we're clear, I'm not trying to be a jerk or abrasive. Too lazy to edit (;
I'm gonna be frank, it sounds like you've got two problems that are kind of mixing together. On one side you've got the standard feminist ideal that women aren't property and have the right to opinions and so on. And on the other side you have the modern liberal idea that people in general are equal and a relationship should be a partnership between equals. These are both theories that I agree with and believe in.

But I don't think a king fits into them, largely because both belief were created largely in rebellion against the patriarchal authority that a king represents. (I'm getting deep here) Saying no to a ruler is complicated. Any good ruler knows how to listen to council, but it's not the same as with you and me. The council doesn't literally tell the king NO, they just sort of respectfully disagree.

I agree this can be cold, but like you said, I think the way they can have fun with this is to grab hold of the fact that he's king and basically make it the centerpiece. The old 'see past the crown to the real man' story that's been done forever. It's a good plot, and it would work here. I think to have a LI just ignore the fact that he's king would be disrespectful to him and weird, given how much focus they've put on the 'i'm the king, you have to follow my orders' stuff in this series.

And hopefully, despite or because of this, they'll deal with her issues too. But it's also important to note that a big part of being a good queen was being supportive of the guy with the weight of the world on his shoulders. Not very equal/feminist, but monarchy wasn't a very equal/feminist institution.

I'll say this for Pumyra though, while she is already turning into a big fan of Lion-o, she certainly seems to have her own opinions. Most subjects wouldn't judo-throw their king to the ground. So she may be just what you're looking for.

Last edited by KaleRylan; 05-10-2012 at 03:18 AM..
KaleRylan is offline   Reply With Quote