TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 09:49 PM   #99
Bill923
Thunder Kitty
I loved the episode. The OS throwback was great. Here are my feelings about the romance content.

1. Being a fan of the Original show, I can look back at how things that were said were molding influences. When other Thundercats were shocked that the Mutants did not observe intergalactic law, Tygra said "Rules are for people who follow them, otherwise they are just words." I say this because I wish the writers would take into account how influential their work can be on impressionalbe minds.

2. I can tolerate romantic shenanigans as long as it leads somewhere. Will this result in character development, or is it a distraction from the lack of it?

3. In it's defense, romantic content does provide for conflicting character interaction. In the OS, a broken necklace of loyalty resulted in the Thundercats turning on one another. (Yeah I know, stupid) and so it goes without saying that it's easier to explain conflict when their is a natural reason for it.

4. Lastly, I point out that despite a vigorous discussion about romantic content, the episode was great. The show is building well on the OS's strengths. The comedy was great. (Did you just call Panthro a Silly Goose?" We enjoyed it and can't wait for next Saturday.
Bill923 is offline   Reply With Quote