TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 07-30-2011, 12:03 PM   #125
Uncanny Madman
Thunder Kitty
That was a really, really amazing premier. Even though everything is so different, it absolutely stayed true to everything it needed to.

One thing I'm a bit iffy on though - how are the cats the dominant, "opressing" species on Third Earth, enslaving lizards and whatnot, if they've never even set foot outside of Thundera?! They are completely ignorant and oblivious to the world outside so how on earth could they have any effect on or power over it's inhabitants?

One other thing - what exactly are the yellow "feelers" on Claudus's head above his eyebrows? lol...kinda ruined the character design for me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panth-ro View Post
Wow, just watched the first 2 episodes, this series is fantastic straight from the beginning. One thing i missed and this may be a stupid question, but are they on Thundera or Third Earth? Because Lion-O called the Cat kingdom Thundera. So i was under the impression that it was the city of Thundera, not the planet. So maybe Plundar is a kingdom?

Thundera is a city on Third Earth this time around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Lion O View Post
Probably sounds crazy but I was choking up...i was like what's wrong with me...then I realized after all these years just what a simple cartoon could mean to a child and how everyday when I got home from school and nobody else was around...they were always there for me...everyday. Now I get to be there with my son with thundercats! I am totally stoked! He loved it, thanks to everyone who made this happen.
Oh man, even though I'd already seen the leaked 9 minutes a couple weeks ago, I was also choking up as it began too...and I really didn't expect that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lody View Post
I was disappointed to see Lynx-O so early in the series.
I feel the same...at first I thought it was really cool to see such a cameo appearance so soon but I don't like the fact he's already blind...seeing as "Thundera" gets destroyed in this iteration too, there's no reason history couldn't repeat itself...

Unless at some point we get a backstory on how he was blinded this time, I feel it is a lost opportunity for increased characterisation (if the "new" Thundercats are even bought in as recurring characters that is)...

Not sure about his character design yet either...it appears they may have de-aged him a bit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin View Post
i love snaf sleep in horn and then he fell river

Haha that actually made me laugh out loud when I watched it - was one of my favourite moments of the whole thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty02 View Post
The only thing I didn't like was Mumm-Ra's voice. It just didn't evil enough to me.
I also didn't like his voice...too high pitched and unthreatening...the original Mumm-Ra voice is just irreplacable!

Last edited by Uncanny Madman; 07-30-2011 at 12:11 PM..
Uncanny Madman is offline   Reply With Quote