Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 03:22 AM   #214
BB Shockwave
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat's Pajamas View Post
The airing has been spotty, CN likes to dump shows at the drop of a hat, and the toy line has tanked. I don't think it's "doomsaying" to reach out to the network and let them know how much we care about the show.

There was a lot of complaining that those of us who were worried about the future of the toy line were being "negative, pessimistic," and "wanted the line to fail." Now you're calling people who are taking precautions and reaching out to CN "doomsayers." This community can be pretty awful at encouraging its members to help save a floundering property we all care about.
The same thing happened with Transformers Animated - they toys were released much later then the cartoon, CN moved the series to a bad airing date (because Hasbro was starting the Hub, their own channel), and generally a lot of bad luck. But you know what, the show was not cancelled because of this... The reception was very positive and Hasbro would have continued the show, if not for the fact that it was a joint venture with CN, and they (as Hasbro became a competitor with the launch of the Hub) simply did not give their approval.

Thundercats has no such problems, the ratings are fine, the show is acclaimed by critics as far as I have seen, and it's one of CN's new "big hits" alongside Young Justice and Green Lantern. They'd be crazy to cancel it.

And as for CN not releasing any official word, does not surprise me. They don't tend to communicate well with fans. Or at all. Hasbro is much better in this regard, just check the shout-outs to the MLP FiM fanbase on the Hub.

That's why I feel it is premature to start petitions and whatnot (besides, what do those ever accomplish? Uwe Boll is still making movies... ) - I'd be all for this if we were in a situation like with Avengers, Earth's Mightiest Heroes, where we do have solid fact that the show is gonna get cancelled. (Curse you, Jeph Loeb!) But this is hardly the case.

Last edited by BB Shockwave; 06-01-2012 at 03:27 AM..