TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 12:49 AM   #82
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Sorry to bump a dead thread, but I figured it would be better than starting a new one on the same topic.

I've now got the first two volumes on DVD, and have been rewatching the show over the past couple of days. Most of these episodes I haven't seen since I watched the show as a kid, and some of it I can only vaguely remember, lol. Granted I originally watched the show when it re-aired in the 90's, and I'm not sure exactly how old I was. I just remember watching the show and having a good old time doing so.

One of the things I love about this show, is it's ability to take something normal in other shows, put a spin on it, and make it new and strange...to a certain extent anyways.

I also appreciate the unexpected turns and twists it sometimes takes. Like in the episode Secret of the Ice King. I would have never thought that he was just trying to find the egg/capsule that contained his love.

To put it simple, I'm falling in love with this show a second time around, and I'm slowly showing it to my nephew (to the annoyance of my sister that is), who yells out Thundercats Ho! every time he sees me now, lol. I can't wait to one day show it to my own children one day.

Edit: One thing I find confusing about the second season one volume, is how the five-parter is separated out onto several disks. Makes me wonder when that's supposed to fit into the time-line of the show.

Last edited by Ravenxl7; 03-01-2012 at 12:56 AM..
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote