Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 10:49 PM   #232
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSapphire View Post
Yeah, all it's done so far is tear apart and crash a ship the size of a small city, defeat several lizards at once in a single stroke, and burn the hell out of Mumm-Ra so badly he ran like a little girl. Pathetic!

It's a different show, different rules apply. If the sword even can return to Lion-O's hand and hasn't it isn't because the sword is weak, it's because Lion-O hasn't mastered that skill yet. None of the other cat's powers are granted by the sword either, the eye glow and "power up" is a function of their loyalty to Lion-O and so far only Cheetara has displayed that level of loyalty. The purpose of the Thundercats signal is to call the other cats to Lion-O's side when he needs them. If they're [I]right there[I] there's really no need for it (although he has used it with them right there before). In the old series it was over-used (pretty much every episode) and really served no purpose other than to pad out the show with stock footage and allow the other cats a token appearance in an otherwise Lion-O only episode (of which there were quite a few). By the time they even got to him he had most likely already beaten whatever he needed help with. Limiting the use of it is for the best, as it actually means something when he does do it.
Hmm... I never said it was weak, don't include me. All I meant by true power was the eye glowy thing. And, by my understanding and the wiki, that is a power of the sword, although the cats need to acknowledge it to make it work. It DOES power them up for a second, even if they're right there.

All I'm saying is maybe they're building to that, and that's why they've been avoiding using it. We'll get this big 'king' moment where Lion-o makes the call and they all power up and finally get the symbol. Theory. I had actually forgotten the time it worked on Cheetara, though if anything that adds to my theory.

to the other thing. Powers are not given meaning when they are used less, they are given meaning when they are used in a meaningful way. Original series aside, that is NOT what they've been doing here. THey've just had him use it randomly a couple of times and then they stopped completely. Was using it in song of the petalars more meaningful than it would have been to use it in the trials of lion-o when he comes back from the dead and reclaims the sword from Mumm-ra? No. And was song of the petalars the only time they showed it actually making the giant signal in the sky (this is not rhetorical, I don't remember)?
KaleRylan is offline   Reply With Quote