TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 12:27 AM   #27
Dr Kain
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreepySariFan View Post
I think it's kinda terrible that you think that.

As a big fan of the OS, this episode was bliss. It was like watching a modernized version of an 80s episode dedicated to the Kittens and everything the kids at the time would've loved. Just the fact that they focused so much on raiding a candy shop was amazing. The Kittens got to face off with some modern Ma-Mutt types, they got to use their accessories effectively, and they didn't anvil the Aesop.

This was great. I felt nostalgia of such fine purity, it brought the cute (ha ha, Snarf, I love you), and I had fun watching it. That's what I feel ThunderCats should be: FUN.
The thing is, this was unneeded because it served no purpose to advance the plot of the show. Unless the jewel Kit and Kat have happens to be one of the jewels the cats are looking for, this episode did nothing to move the show that has only 4 episodes in the season remaining. Once you hit episdoe 20 of a 26 episode season, there should be nothing but story for the overarching plot.

Also, this whole thing was already done with The Pit. Sure, it brought in some more characters, but if they had not wasted a good portion of that episode of mindless dwivel with Tookit, and saved the entire metting with him for this episode, I would not have had that much of an issue for it. They already learned he was a lousy scumbag, so there was no reason to dedicate another episode to it, especially a full episode. Plus, it completely contradicted their entire development of only stealing when there was no other choice. Here, they just did it for fun.
Dr Kain is offline   Reply With Quote