TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 10:02 PM   #15
GK Punk
Your Straight Edge Savior
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako Crab View Post
I always liked Wilykits' playful attitude. I was surprised that the same voice actress did Kits' voice along with all the other women in the first season. Cheetara, Mandora, and Willa in particular all have deep, baratone voices that I'm not fond of and speak their lines so stiffly. But then here's Kit talking in a normal and suitably childish voice and her lines come off sounding more natural like she's not reading off a cue card.
And while much of the shows' silliness is often credited to 80s writing, there's no such need for Kit. Being a kid, she's already expected to be silly and foolhearty. OMG I just remembered an episode where Kit brought home a neighboring kangaroo-type person, but it was really Mumm-ra in disguise. Anyone remember what that one was?

*back on track*
"Runaways" was the episode! I just watched that one again recently. The kittens run away from home because they feel unappreciated. They end up eating poison berries and nursed back to health by that creature whose name I can't remember. Then of course, Mumm-Ra shows up and takes that creatures place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako Crab View Post
And, of course, since she was my favorite TCat, she gets like no episodes devoted to just her, except for this one. So there's all that, plus it's just a really good episode in its own right. I liked that they had to solve a lot of the traps instead of just fight their way through everything. Gave the episode its own unique feel. And it's cool to see her working alongside just Lion-O for once.
I always wished she had more episodes like that. I loved seeing the eps when her and Lion O would be working together for some reason. (Probably 'cause mentally at least, they are roughly the same age.) I'm hoping in the new series, the twins get some good episodes. Maybe a remake of this episode even!
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote