Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 07:11 AM   #126
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleRylan View Post
Okay, overall I would say that was one of the more fun action/fantasy episodes. Good guys were good, bad guys were bad, there was action. Overall this is what I want out of the show.

That said, I had a few plot-based annoyances.

1. I know it has precedence in the original show, but without an actual explanation I don't think they should've shown Jaga using the sword. It asks some very weird questions about why Tygra can't be king. The point has always been made that he's not in the bloodline, and I assumed part of the deal was they didn't want others using the sword, but by showing Jaga we're left with blood as LITERALLY the only thing stopping him, and that just seems retarded. Visually, the Jaga scene was still very cool though.

2. While it was animated really well, the way the fight with Ratar-o worked out annoyed me. The Sword of Omens has a long track-record of being able to block energy blasts, it should have worked here. Or he could have shot his own blast at Ratar-o. I watch this show for the sword as well as the characters. It's like the megazord in power rangers when I was a kid, if it had been punked all the time, I would have been annoyed too.

3. I think they missed out on yet ANOTHER chance to use Thundercats Ho in a really big hero moment. Are we going to see it at all this season? I mean, I assume we'll get it in the final fight, but I've started to even wonder that since they've continuously NOT used it in really big hero moments for pretty much this whole season/part 2.

Overall though, this was a great episode, and I really liked the Lion-o we saw here. I liked that he seemed to be honestly trying to get over Cheetara, I like his mercy and his strength. Though I do wish he would start fighting a bit better. They animate him like he barely knows how to use a sword, yet the duelist episode established that he's good enough to beat the best swordsman in the VILLAGE OF SWORDSMAN without even having the SoO, or even an un-broken sword.
If I had to guess as I've stated many posts back is that tygra would've never been king because in the absence of a lion to be king the head cleric would rule in place until another king comes along plus they did it for an OS moment by showing jaga with both swords.
Big Snarf is offline   Reply With Quote