TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 08:00 AM   #21
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by moreprimeland View Post
Actually, I don't care for the whole 'mating' in the cartoon series, but it seems most folks get hung up on that, more so in some series than others. Since many of the cartoons are supposed to be targeting KIDS, I'd say let them find out about all the angst of love in real life.

And yeah, I know that the whole Lion-O aged while they traveled in space thing was brought up...as a woman myself, once you've seen a boy, even if he grows up and becomes a man, he's still a boy..a child if you will, to that woman. So the way I see it, Lion-O would be off limits to her.

Frankly, it's a moot point, as far as the OS, Cheetara never was with any of the males and that's fine with me. She was strong and independent, a warrior just like the other TC's, regardless of her gender. Works for me.

As for the Comic...Whoa!! That's terrible that they wrote storyline in the series. They must have gone to some dark places in the comics. Sad, terrible places. I was curious about the comics tbh, but now, knowing that happened, I think I can pass on those.

Yeah, in the OS, he was very childlike when they first arrived on 3rd Earth, but he did mature in both mind and body as he learned to be the Lord of the Thundercats.

IMHO, the whole Pumyra storyline was a bit warped. It made me wonder if they went there simply because they had to quickly wrap up the season, in case we don't ever see S2.

Of course, I keep hoping we do get a S2. *fingers crossed*
It gets worse in the comics. Tygra was raped too, so that is how they got together. They could help one another. Cheetara hated lion-o for being tricked by mummra. He was trapped in the BoO for a long time. She blamed him for everything.

You should see what mummra had Kit and Kat doing. I think the comic was a fanfic from an angery fan.

Well I work in office of women in their 50s and they have no problems with 20 year olds. Lot of cougars out there. The maturity of a college kid is so different from a women who has a kid their age.

This is why you don't do romance in a reboot like that. It was written poorly and it is a mess. The NS cheetara disappeared after she and tygra hooked up. You need to read some of the stuff the cast and crew said about the romance part from the OS. They were going to do a romance with a certain couple if they got another season.

Love the characters from the OS.

Last edited by L08e16o; 08-05-2012 at 08:24 AM..
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote